Our Medical Detoxification program provides inpatient, hospital-based care for patients in the initial phase of withdrawal from alcohol, opioids and other drugs, including prescription medicines. Admission is confidential and voluntary.
You must complete an initial medical criteria and payment method screening with our team by telephone. We will then assist in scheduling admission for treatment, which typically lasts three days. If you need outpatient, psychiatric, behavioral or emergency care, we will help find a more appropriate program.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Medical withdrawal stabilization
- Medication to manage symptoms of withdrawal
- Tailored care plan for follow-up treatment after discharge
- Quality care that is directed by a physician, with 24-hour nursing care
Medical Detoxification: Why Choose Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
- Team approach: Our physicians and nurses work together to provide support and treatment to manage the symptoms of withdrawal while ensuring safety, comfort and confidentiality.
- Personalized care: Our team provides a tailored follow-up plan to help you maintain sobriety after discharge. We help you navigate your treatment options so you can achieve the best results possible.